Effective Date: 12/16/2021
Last Modified: 12/16/2021
This Policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website and its sub-domains.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third-party; or
· Any third-party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
1. Personal Data
While using our Website, or registering your Registered User or Member Profile on the Website (“Profile”), you may be asked to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and Last name
• Your username or screen name.
• Date of birth
• Limited Payment Information - your payment information goes directly to a payment processing company who is responsible for keeping your info safe. We will not store or collect your payment card details.
2. Other Information
Throughout the process of using our Website, you may provide us with other information that individually does not identify you (“Other Information”), that allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Website - such as:
· Information about your Memberships and Purchases on the Website.
· Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Information about your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications.
· Other information you upload, provide, or create while using our Website.
3. Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website. Usage Data may include information such as your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website or Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Website or Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic and location data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or use our Website or when you access the Website or Website by or through a mobile device.
4. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized Website, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· General Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our websites.
· Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you made to improve your experience. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the websites to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
· Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
· Your Choice with respect to Cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience at our websites and on other sites throughout the World Wide Web may not be complete. Some sites require cookies to function, such as those with e-commerce features. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of personalized content delivery offered by us or other Internet sites.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
6. Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
• To manage your Profile: to manage your registration as a user of the Website.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the services you purchased on the Website.
• To contact you: to contact you by email, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or other features of the Website, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about promotions, events and activities, which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
• To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
• With Website Providers: we may share your personal information with Website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, or for payment processing. Website Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
• With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users those users may see your screen name, Profile, pictures and description of your activity.
7. Other Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and Point risk reduction.
· In good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website.
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
The Company currently does not sell, rent or share its customer lists or any Personal Data of its customers to third parties for marketing or commercial purposes.
However, if we were to undertake any such activity, we want to make sure we provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' services, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy.
We do not currently sell data triggering Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A opt-out requirements.
However, if that were to change, effective October 1, 2019, Nevada residents may submit a request asking us to not sell your information to https://desperateamateurs.com/support2.php.
The Company hasn’t “disclosed” any “personal information” of “customers” to a “third-party” that the Company knows or has reason to know used that information for “direct marketing purposes within the meaning of California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83). However, you are free to contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy, to find out more.
9. Retention of your Information
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as we consider it necessary to:
• Enable you to use our Websites and provide our Websites to you, including maintaining your Profile.
• Comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
• Conduct our business and for our legitimate business interests, such as establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, chargeback prevention, fraud detection and prevention, hindering any other illegal activity on our site, and enhancing safety. For example, if we close or suspend your Profile for fraud or illegal activities, we may retain certain information about you to prevent you from opening a new Profile in the future. Such information shall also be kept available in case of ongoing judicial proceedings/and or investigations. As part of our fraud detection and prevention process, we also blacklist all former usernames for a certain time. Therefore, a former username cannot be used for a new registration.
• Protect our site and your personal information from accidental or malicious loss and destruction. Residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a very limited time (usually 30 days). Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may also remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
We will also retain Usage Data and Other Information you provide to us for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data and Other Information that personally doesn’t identify you is generally retained to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website. We may also be legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods. Take note that neither Usage Data nor Other Information is in any way associated with any personal identifiers and is retained by us to improve the quality of our Website.
10. Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are an individual accessing information on our website from within the European Union, please be advised that we might transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, since Company is an American-based company, aimed at providing Websites to its US-based customers, however, we endeavor to ensure that your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected.
11. Security of your Personal Data
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. Payment Processors
13. Sale of Personal Information
The Company currently does not sell, rent or otherwise communicate its customers’ Personal Information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
14. "Do Not Track" Policy
Some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
15. Communications Preferences
We may send you communications (including emails, phone calls, text messages, push notifications, and snail mail) to your Profile and transactions initiated by you (such as order status updates and billing receipts). We need the ability to send you these communications to offer our Websites, so we do not allow you turn them off entirely. But you can let us know if you have a preferred method for receiving these communications by changing the Notification Settings in your Profile, disabling push notifications as described below, or contacting us. We try our best to honor your reasonable preferences about communications.
We may also send additional communications about the Websites, such as newsletters and additional options that may be of interest to you. We do our best to only send this type of communication to people who want to receive it. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy.
16. Geographic Restrictions
Desperate Amateurs is based in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
17. Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you that you want to be removed from our systems, you can contact our Data Protection Officer using the Contact Us section of this Policy.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or delete your information. You can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your Profile settings. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we previously relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
18. Children's Privacy
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. If you are under 18, you must immediately leave this site now and do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, do not register on the Website, do not make any purchases through the Website, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us.
Anyone under the age of 18 is not legally permitted on the Website for any reason, and if we find you on this Site, we will report you to law enforcement as noted above. We will not reactivate you for any reason ever. We also recommend that Users implement parental control protections, such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services, which reduce the opportunity for minors' access to Site.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
19. Links to Other Websites
21. Contact Us
Media Originals LLC
7901 4th St N 300 St. Petersburg, Fl 33702